Electrical Operations Engineer
Area of Responsibility
The Electrical Operations Engineer’s main tasks are:
• Promote a safe working environment during the shift activity time.
• Participate in management HSE walk downs.
• Near miss and incident reporting.
• Maintain quality standards according to the RGWE QA/QP process.
• Performing operations, maintenance and technical support to achieve safe, cost effective operation and maintenance of the Wind Farm with minimum supervision.
• Maintain and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical or control systems. Provides inputs to the Electrical Engineer for the preparation of the substation maintenance plan.
• Operate the Wind Farm during start-up, shutdown, normal, and emergency conditions in accordance with operating procedures and instructions to maintain a safe and efficient operation. Coordinate with EETC for the dispatching and SGRE for the WTG’s O&M.
• Assist in the administration of the Wind Farm in areas such as development of operating procedures, environmental reporting, purchasing, and inventory and other areas necessary to support the LTSA and other maintenance service agreements.
• Perform/direct housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean safe work environment and professional appearance.
• Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures.
• Ensure environmental compliance with regulation, customer requirements and industry best practices.
• Prepare plant daily/weekly and monthly reporting on operations activities.
The Electrical Operations Engineer reports to the O&M Director.
• University Degree in Electrical engineering.
• Training in HV/MV Substation and power transformer Operation and Maintenance activities (or equivalent through experience)
• Native Arab
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
Experience & knowledge
• Extensive experience (minimum 3:5 years) in mechanical/electrical operation and maintenance for Industrial Projects’, preferably on electrical power projects, electrical substations and power transformers.
• Proven experience in both construction projects and O&M of industrial facilities.
• Good knowledge of electrical systems and protections.
• Previous experience in the Wind Industry is a plus.
• Strong attention for Health & Safety
• Good technical background/understanding.
• Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to lead a project and steer contractors.
• Good reporting skills.
Location: Based in Ras Ghareb, Egypt
Time Requirements: Full time for an undetermined duration (20+ year’s project)
Job Level: Engineer/Expert
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 01002331089